Violence in the workplace has been on the rise in recent years. Accordingly, every employer needs to develop and implement measures to protect their employees from such risks. The Miller Legal Group, P.C. counsels employers about how to protect their employees from potential workplace violence and thereby limit potential liability, including about:
- The implementation of background checks and other screening procedures during the hiring process
- Drafting policies and procedures designed to prevent and address workplace violence issues
- Training employees and management regarding workplace violence issues, including how to identify and respond to early warning signs and triggering events
- Counseling employers about taking disciplinary action and implementing termination decisions in a manner designed to limit the risk of workplace violence
- Obtaining temporary restraining orders and other injunctive relief designed to reduce risks of workplace violence
For more information about these topics, please click here.
* * *
Contact a Long Beach Labor and Employment Law Attorney
For more information about what we do at Miller Legal Group, P.C., our innovative fee options, or to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced El Segundo employment attorney specializing in preventive employment and HR law, please contact us at our Los Angeles employment law firm by e-mail or by telephone at (310) 426-2650.